What are the facts for interpreting “Divisional Charts in Astrology”?
Updated: Feb 13
The effects of planets in the D-chart get modified by conjunction or aspect of other planets in the D-Chart. Here only the NATURAL BENEFICS & MALEFICS are to be taken and not the functional ones. Among benefics, JUPITER is the only planet to alleviate the evil indicated by a planet in a bad position in D-chart. If this JUPITER is powerfully situated in that D-chart his aspect is certainly of effect, but a debilitated JUPITER cannot be BANKED upon
PLACEMENT OF KARAKA IN LAGAN OF ANY D CHART IS NOT A WELCOME SIGN LIKE JUPITER IN LAGAN OF D7 EFFECTS PROGENY, VENUS IN LAGNA OF D9 EFFECTS THE SPOUSE ETC.
1. The most important & necessary condition for a PLANET to give the positive effect of the D-Chart is its relative position from the ascendant of the D-Chart irrespective of other factors like in enemy sign, debilitated, sitting with the enemy, weak etc. If the planet is placed other than 3/6/8/12 house, it gives GOOD results. In the divisional chart planets in 1/4/7/10 (Kendra) houses give very good results. They give good results when placed in 5/9/11 houses, whereas the 2nd house is neutral in all the divisional charts.
2. Intensity of results may depend on other factors like in enemy sign, debilitated, with the enemy, weak etc. If they are in 3/6/8/12, they always give BAD results irrespective of any other combos. The intensity of the BAD result will vary on other factors like in enemy sign, debilitated, with the enemy, weak etc
(a) Mars in 6th in all D-charts does GOOD.
(b) Mercury in 8th in D-4 only gives GOOD. Mercury in 8th is favorable in any D chart
(c) Saturn in 8th in D8 is good & Venus in 12th in D9 is also good.
3. However strongly and favorably situated in D-l chart, if the planet is in 3/8/12 in D-chart he does some harm to that chart portfolio even if he is exalted or in his own house in that D-chart. All these establish the necessity of a planet being in good positions from D-lagan to give good results. Malefic in 12/1/2 in D chart is BAD & Benefics in 12/1/2 in D-chart is GOOD.
4. Of all the powerful positions in D-Chart, the most important are Exaltation, Vargottama, Own house & Digbala. All these have to be applied to all the D-charts.
a) D Lagan becoming Vargottama is itself an indication of the effect of that D-chart going positive provided its lord is well placed there. If he is in 3/6/8/12 in such a D-chart, only dreamy effects are felt. In addition, if its lord is powerfully and favorably situated in D-chart, he gives EXCELLENT results.
5) 3rd and 8th places for any planet is D-chart are severe bad places. 3rd House plays a dual role as it’s a uppachaya house also. A planet in 3rd in Dl0 causes retirement from service (severance). A planet, though in 8th in D-chart does no harm if aspected by Powerful JUPITER
6) Benefics on either side of lagan is said to confer Yoga in D chart also. But in such a situation if any malefic joins the benefic, the yoga gets marred. Similarly, malefic on either side of the house spoil first, get better if any benefic joins them.
Redefining the intelligence of Astrology Predictions | Numerology | Business Success | Career Growth | Relations